What to Expect From The Stewart Team
Here's what you can expect when you sell your home with Andy and Christine Stewart Team
- Sutton Group Incentive sign will be placed on your property. The sign also has our e-Mail contact address.
- The listing will be processed for the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) which is also available online at www.MLS.ca
- within 48 hours, your listing will appear on the BarrieRealEstateTeam.com web site, which will expose it, worldwide.
- Feature sheets will be prepared; highlighting the special attributes of the property, for distribution to buyers, real estate agents, etc. Color photos will be taken and brochures will be prepared, if appropriate.
- Advertising will be placed in The Barrie Advance Real Estate Weekly Paper, or The Barrie Examiner Real Estate Today, Local Real Estate Book, if agreed upon.
- An Open House will be held for real estate agents. Open Houses will be scheduled for the public, if seller approves.
- A computerized Comparative Market Analysis will be prepared and updated as required. You will be kept abreast of prices and market conditions on an ongoing basis.
- A computerized record of showings will be maintained.
- You will receive timely feedback on all showings, agent comments and buyer reaction.
- Andy & Christine Stewart will meet with other sales representatives regularly to discuss and promote current listings.
- Buyers can be pre-qualified without delay by our available mortgage specialist.
Sellers Check List
When you are selling your home, bare in mind many potential buyers want to inspect all aspects of your home. Famous words “First impressions are lasting impressions,” so make sure your homes shows always at it best.
The following is a quick check list of things to consider when putting your home on the real estate market.
Small details matter
Best first impression
- fresh cut lawn, raked leaves, trimmed hedges
- seasonal, during summer month plant colorful flowers where possible (adds curb appeal)
- clear all decks and patio areas
- seasonal, winter months be sure driveway and walkway is shoveled clear of any snow and ice. Be sure to salt or sand for ice.
- Garage or carport to be clean and uncluttered
- Home exterior to be in good repair
- House number must be easy to see
- Door bell works
- Door hardware works well, (fresh coat of paint on door if needed)
- Clean and clear front entry
- repair any cracked or peeled plaster
- touch up any chipped paint
- door knobs and cupboard handles all work
- change any burnt out light bulbs
- wipe and clean furnace, change filter if needed
- check all railings to be firm and sturdy
- have carpet professionally cleaned if required
- clean and polish all mirrors, taps and fixtures
- leaky taps, toilet repair
- check all seals around tubs and sinks, replace caulking if needed
- clean shiny floors, and inside and outside of cabinets
- keep vanity clear of clutter
- sinks and taps cleaned and polished
- appliances cleaned
- countertops clear of clutter and polished
- inside of cupboards clean and neat
- tuck away any small appliances
- floors clean and polished
Create and welcoming atmosphere (staging)
- all lights turned on
- air conditioning on in warm weather
- fireplace lit in cooler weather
- neat and tidy closets
- clear all stairways of clutter
- open all drapes during day
- freshly vacuumed carpet
- beds to made and rooms tidy
- eliminate all clutter, keep space open and airy
- fresh flowers displayed
- pack away as many personnel objects as possible (e.g. Photos, trinkets)
- lock safely away any valuables